PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 12th Dec 2009, 14:17
deeceethree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He chose imposition which was inevitably going to end in confrontation as surely as night followed day. That was his choice. He has sown the wind and now he will reap the whirlwind.
No, I believe that it was BASSA/Unite who chose imposition ...... by not being open to real negotiation. That was their choice, and yours, apparently?

Just remember, every day that every striker is out on the picket or withholding labour, those strikers are not being paid any salary at all (not something that BASSA/Unite have been clear with their membership about)! Looking forward to hearing how all those strikers will survive on £30 a day from Unite - mortgages and posh car payments to still have to be met! Also looking forward to hearing how long Unite will be able to afford paying that to strikers - either Unite's coffers will quickly dry up, or it won't be that much money, as the strikers will be relatively few in number and/or give up quickly. I seriously suspect that Unite has more interest in the loss of 1700 jobs at Corus than it does in precious BASSA attempting to raise a ruckus about working one crew-member down!

I am still not sure that there will be a strike at all, but I think I know who can weather strike action the longest.