PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - **warning**
Thread: **warning**
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2002, 18:36
basil fawlty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must admit that in the past I have perhaps been viewed as an "offender" on these forums. However I have merely expressed my personal opinion on the subject being debated, no more and no less, and also, I hope, provided some useful FACTS to some people via forums such as Tech Log....
I am not a "wind up" merchant, I have merely stated my views in response to others in a somewhat lucid way, but only because some posts have driven me to distraction with their pompous "I'm right and you're so wrong" attitude. For example, (and there are others, I'm just picking one for illustrative purposes!!) how come its okay for the numerous "representatives" of Big Airways to air their views/ grievances etc. in a public forum, but as soon as a different or counter view is expressed it is deemed to be insulting, defammatory (spelling??) or whatever? Smacks of hypocricy it seems to me, and yet another indication that there is definately an "establishment" in the British aviation industry which has found its way on to pprune. If such individuals did not so easily and readily take up the bait and come back with their flaming and put downs then the "wind up" brigade would not have a market for their particular fetish would they??
As I have stated in other posts, if others were more accepting of my particular viewpoint (which is formulated through my personal experience in the industry) then I would certainly be more accomodating towards their views, but oh no, they want it all their own way all the time. Maybe its really an inferiority complex, or is it just sheer arrogance?? Who knows?? All I can say here is that if they are allowed to post their comments in a "carte blanche" manner then I think that it is reasonable to post a reposte whenever required, and I will do so...(minus the swearing in future!!)
Danny, pprune moderators, et al, I joined pprune because it is immensely interesting to know what is happening in other airlines and sectors of the air transport industry, to find out what is really happening with the guys and girls on the ground (not having to read that press release twoddle that gets published in mags such as Flight International) and also, I have this perhaps naive hope that it is to the benefit of everybody at the sharp end of the business.
Yes, I think that pprune would benefit from restricted professional membership in certain forums, although I thought that this already existed in the airline forum list! I would certainly submit licence details ( pilot, flight engineer, and maintenance engineer) if it puts an end to the continual "slagging off" and the endless arguments that can never be resolved that goes on here. On the other hand, why not just ban personal opinions and let pprune exist to do what it does best, the free exchange of infomation and rumours which anyone is free to interpret and use as they choose, free of airline management and industry propaganda.