PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 11th Dec 2009, 19:27
midman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But Fume,
You seem to misunderstand the link between the ballot result and the intention to strike.

Most people believe there will be a Yes vote, (it's easy to put a cross in a box and post it, especially when your reps tell you that's all that's needed to scare BA into accepting Bassa's terms), but few think there will be a meaningful strike. In fact, WW thinks very few will actually strike, and I've heard that from him personally.

As for your CSD friend who struggled to cope with working in the cabin and deal with issues during the flight, perhaps he/she could ask her manager for the support (training or demotion) that he/she obviously needs.

I have never seen a First cabin being used for the sole use of flight crew family members - if it were, then I can assure you our managers would drop on the offenders in an instant, and we would be made fully aware of the incident. We know that such actions are illegal. In short, I don't believe you. What I have seen is cabin crew using a locked out first cabin that was closed because Bassa insisted there were insufficient crew to operate the flight normally. Again illegal.

If passengers don't like the reduced product, they will tell the company, or won't come back. That will become apparent. Your job is solely to present the product in the best possible way, without any hint that you don't like offering the reduced product, and without apologising in advance for your perceived shortcomings in what you offer.

Managers' job - Decide on the product
Your job - Serve that product as well as you can.
Not your job - decide if the product is good enough and inform the passengers of your opinion.

You don't have faith in someone who does an outstanding job in improving pilots' pay, and then when offered a management job does a great job in limiting pilots' remuneration? So you don't like barristers who prosecute criminals in the morning, then defend them in the afternoon? It's called being good at your job.

Keep posting, you're doing a great job of demonstrating the deluded ideas you and your Bassa leadership colleagues have conjured up to try and save your ivory-towered positions.