PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 11th Dec 2009, 17:54
Fume Event

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Carnage, it appears your flight from DEL with two cabin crew down, didn't go quite as "clockwork" as you suggested. I know the CSD.

It is a mystery where you as Flight Crew get your detailed information from about GPM's. but it appears what you don't know you just make up. GPM's are hardly showing an improvement in cabin service as you have stated, the evidence is that 5 plus CSD's have been suspended for apologising over a reduced quality of service. It will take time for passengers to vote with their feet over the reduction in service via the imposed crew levels. Hopefully those mnagers who have made these decisions will still be around to take responsibility for their actions.

In the past the First cabins were closed and passengers downgraded into Club. The crew complement on a 747 was reduced by three. The problem for cabin crew was that pilots would insist their loved ones should sit in these empty cabins, which caused a lot of friction with passengers who could not understand why they could not be there, but staff of flight crew could. The reason First cabins have not been closed this time is to perpetuate the false premise, that the current downturn is not temporary. The facts are that BA is expected to break even in 2010/11 and back in profit by the following financial year according to UBS.

What can't be explained here is that Walsh boosted the pay of Aer Lingus pilots as an IALPA negotiator, so that some senior pilots are currently on over Euros 300,000 a year, yet when he became CEO a few years later, he was locking them out. I do not put my faith or trust in someone like that.

Employees who enjoy the benefits of "legacy" pay will soon find the heat turned on them.

Last edited by Fume Event; 11th Dec 2009 at 18:24.