PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 11th Dec 2009, 15:53
demomonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Ground Staff could to be placed onto salaried contracts and lose their early/late allowances. This could mean up to 25% cut for some. When you hear how much their salary would be reduced to I shudder to think (a.) how families could survive in the SE on such income levels and (b.) what the quality of future recruits might be like for a role which demands strong customer service skills and initiative.

I don't know the current status of their discussions so I have not included actual figures.

On a general note, whilst being a supporter of Adam Smith's principles I find it deeply unfair that in this modern era large organisations are able to pay staff minimal salaries which have to be topped up by Government through social support mechanisms just to meet minimum income levels whilst the said organisations pay their senior staff obscene bonuses and actively seek tax 'minimisation' schemes. Whilst BA is not particularly an example of this generally, this seems to be a step in that direction. Hence you might appreciate why I am so concerned this gentleman does not receive a six figure sum for token labours.

Maybe I should change my name to RedDemoMonkey. Anyone for storming the Winter Palace?