PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 11th Dec 2009, 13:41
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Fume, I really don't know why I am bothering, but just for the hxxx sake of it...

* What agencies are these that provide "ready made cabin crew"?

* What "weak UK employment laws" will these Agencies (if you can name any) be able to take advantage of?

Actually if you want my honest opinion, I believe the Union is redundant now. Yes that's right, we have no need whatsoever for them. And the reason for that is precisely because UK Employment Law is so strong. Companies simply are unable to take advantage of employees in the way that they used to. Unions were brought in eons ago when mill or factory owners were conducting slave labour. Now, there is no need, because most employees know their rights, and will be happy to take the company to a tribunal if they are not getting their rights. As someone who has been both an employer and an employee, and been to Tribunals etc. I can talk from experience.

I think the Union will die a slow painful death now. Then we will be able to bring in a more appropriate forum, perhaps an Employee Council/Association or other such thing, to represent the members viewpoint. We won't need to strike at the drop of a hat, we will negotiate and guess what...we will achieve things for our members.

Now remind me, what was the last thing our Union "achieved" for us? Oh yes, Purser off the 747 and a poor pay deal. Emmm...bye bye BASSA.