PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 11th Dec 2009, 13:25
3Greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i don't recall British Airways saying there will be NO permanent contracts on new fleet, when did they say that?

Cabin crew have ALREADY been employed on temporary contracts this year so the prescedent has been set.

Part-time working ?? - don't understand your point here...??

When, i repeat, when has anyone from BA (or BASSA) mentioned agency workers? Is the ballot even about this?

The ONLY reason i believe BASSA have ballotted is because of impositon is that correct? Would you still have ballotted if BA imposed an EXTRA crew member on certain flights instead of removing one - of course not!

Also it find it beyond belief that anyone who cannot see that BA and all airlines are in a "fight for survival" right now. The worldwide economy has taken a huge dive and BA has massive exposure to corporate business travel. There seems to be a belief with BASSA that there is somehow a massive conspiracy involving BA the stockexchange and PWC to name but a few; to cook the books and show losses amounting to hundreds of millions of pounds.
Ba will this year post a second massive loss come April for the past year - the only time it has ever done that. The economy hangs in the balance and could yet double dip into another recession, yet some crew still think BA isn't in the 5h1t.

If The crew walk out this will only further damage BA at a critical time which it can ill afford, i really hope you get what you want at the end of all this because i fear that next week it will turn nasty. There wil be no "bring the bolly to the brazier" parties, only lockouts, suspensions, sackings and removal of ST to get started.
It will be interesting to see the timings of the strikes and to see if Ms Malone will be one of the first not to report, somehow i doubt it and the poor shorthaul folk will be the first to bear the brunt as they decide whether or not to turn up for the first wave departures.
Fume Event, quite why you still stay with BA when you obviously do all you can do damge their reputation i can only wonder. I suggest you find out how hard it is to earn a similar salary elsewhere where your talents might be more relavent

Last edited by 3Greens; 11th Dec 2009 at 13:43.