PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 11th Dec 2009, 13:08
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an article in the Times yesterday implied; there is a choice of outcomes inthe current dispute: Walsh will back down and lose credibility and authority or the airline will be ruined.
Fume Event this is wrong, and I'm afraid anyone who believes this is deluded. WW cannot back down - the airline will be ruined if he does. So what choice does he have? This is the lesser of two evils.

Of course, another option would have been for us as cabin crew to work with the new crew complements (oh...we are ), not try to "bring this airline to it's knees" and NEGOTIATE an appropriate payment for the monthly travel payment to negate the effect of New Fleet.

It would have been Win-Win - BA get what they want, and we as crew keep our current jobs, with our pay, T&Cs etc. Everybody happy. Oh - except BASSA would have lost their power. So the reason that we're having a strike is nothing to do with imposition, it's purely and simply about BASSA trying to retain their power.

I am BA cabin crew and the above represents my own personal viewpoint and not that of BA.