PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 11th Dec 2009, 13:00
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alot of cabin crew seem oblivious to the fact that many, many other departments in BA have previously had to reapply for their jobs. Why do we as cabin crew think we should escape the same fate? A year ago all the managers went through it, either taking VR or reapplying for the job without knowing exactly what the job entailed.

I don't really think BA ever would have been able to achieve "New Fleet" per se due to simply logistics and experience levels, etc onboard. I do, however, strongly believe that what they do want is "Old Fleet aka New Fleet". This wretched Union (thanks for nothing) are playing right into their hands. We could re-apply for our jobs, and hey presto New Fleet is born.

The only way I see of being able to avoid this would be a no vote in the soon-to-be-announced ballot. The Union reps need to wake up and realise what they are doing to us, before it is too late.

I am BA cabin crew and the above represents my own personal view and not that of BA.