PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots Attitude To Engineering
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2009, 00:16
muduckace
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bottom line, it comes down to people skills in my oppinion. I head up on a blockout open the cockpit door and smile.... If I get a smile back we are co-workers, working together to fix what ever problem said flight crew has.

No smile or any attitude and I respond in the same manner any human being would.

I have seen generalized differences between large companies and smaller ones. I have had more personality conflicts with pilots who fly for large airlines. The greatest pilots I have worked with were at smaller companies that everyone was basically being treated like **** at or a few that I rode often as a "ride on" maintenance rep.

Had alot of respect for the Captain that turned around after the pre flight briefing if we did not know each other well and told me if I saw anything wrong not to hesitate to break the "sterile cockpit" rule.

At large airlines I have heard of flight crews warning jumpseating techs not to open the cockpit door because they are armed and will not hesitate to shoot.

What a difference in mentality.