PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 10th Dec 2009, 20:54
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Lurker,

I really don't know why I bother, but are you for real???

You consistently say "you will not strike" - you will be there to give "fincastle and his wife" their champagne etc etc

Will you therefore forgo the money and allowances that your colleagues are fighting for - or will you simply keep on taking the money safe in the knowledge that you did nothing for it?

I would have far more respect for you if you came to work on strike day - said you don't believe in what the other crew are doing and donate a days pay to UNICEF.

That way at least you would have done something to alleviate the ongoing money you will earn every month.

After all - there are people on here saying "yes well done Glamgirl. we are all for you dropping your pay by 40%"

And you are saying "Yes - but at least fincastle got his Champagne!"

And people say BASSA are mad - thats madness in the extreme!!!!!!!!!
If you haven't noticed, I don't think that there should be a strike. Considering Bassa/unite refused to negotiate, I don't see what other choice BA have but to impose a reduced crewing level.

There is very little in BA's proposal that will influence my pay. The only thing, basically, is taking a Purser off the 777 3-class. There is nothing in any proposals from BA that say we'll have a 40% pay cut. Where did you hear that little gem? If this relates to NewFleet, management put forward the offer of a guaranteed monthly income to all LHR crew. This was ignored by the union.

You have no knowledge of my private life and what I do with my spare time. I don't have to tell you anything about my life, but I will now. I am heavily involved with 2 big charities, where I do quite a lot of work for free. Is that good enough for you?

I don't believe in why the strike ballot has gone ahead. Therefore I'm not striking. I voted NO, not that it's any of your (or anyone else's) business. I will come to work, and I will do what I'm paid to do. I refuse to make our passengers suffer because of some stubborn union reps' ideas of what's happening in the real world. I've worked for BA for a long time, and I refuse to put mine or other people's jobs on the line.

Now, weren't you bowing out of discussions? Or are you still wanting to debate but can't be bothered to answer my question? Perhaps you'd like to answer the questions other people have put to you as well.

Gg