PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 10th Dec 2009, 18:32
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pay reduction of 2.61% (same % reduction as the pilots) PERMANENT
Good for those who are able to afford it... Most of us can't. It was a temporary measure, by the way.

Telephone allowance withdrawn PERMANENT
About time...

New disruption agreement for WW and an introduction for EF + SFG PERMANENT
(Note - It is based on data over the last 2 years and uses the cost of diversions plus the cost of a/c out of position for longer than under our new proposal. In February this year BA admitted to the press that the snow disruption cost them £20 million +. Should the next 2 winters contain little or no snow and fog, no ATC problems or T5 bag problems, then this saving will be reduced. Equally one bad winter will increase the total
saved.)
Not sure why LGW is included in this one, as what we do is to get the operation back to normal asap within legal limits. Bear in mind BA wanted to talk about this in the latest talks, but unions refused unless imposition was removed.

Switch of PSR to main crew WW - 4 class a/c ( this was BAs original figure ) PERMANENT
Brings WWLHR into same crew level as LGW.

Removal of additional crew member on WW additional routes PERMANENT
Again, brings WWLHR into same crew level as LGW

Switch at SFG of PSR to main crew on 777 - 3 class ( BAs figure )PERMANENT
This is the odd one, as not much of a cost saving considering Pursers get paid the same hourly rate as Main crew. I was informed it was to have the same supervisory level as LHR, even though all management think it's great to have 2 Pursers on the 3-class.

WW 767 and routes to EF - full integration, ( head saving 400 x 18 months) PERMANENT
EF were never asked if this is something they'd like/would be interested in.

EF single supervisor 757 and switch of PSR to main crew on EF767 PERMANENT
Which most on EF is up in arms about now, as they will not work what was previously the Purser position on the 767 unless they get paid for it.

EF finish time last day 2200 - up to and incl. 5 day block PERMANENT
By comparison, LGW can finish at 22.59 on the last day before days off.

but also believe that you have dodged a number of core questions and continue to duck and weave.
AlpineSkier, I'll have to agree with you on that one...

I'm just going to let the bully boys win - I give up having to try to have a debate because in the end people on this thread do exactly what they every day in the job - shout people down and bully them into submission
No point in throwing your toys out of the pram, A Lurker. I wasn't going to reply to you anymore, as it was getting silly and boring for others to read. People here are interested in debating with you, but you must answer their questions, especially when they're reasonable questions. If you don't know the answer, that's fine, just say, instead of changing the subject.

There are several CC members on here, and I'm one for a start. Some others are passengers, pilots, ex-crew, whatever. It really doesn't matter who they are as long as they contribute something to the conversation. I've learned a lot on this forum, and I'm sure you can too.

But I guess: good bye, take care. Good luck.

Gg

Last edited by Glamgirl; 10th Dec 2009 at 18:33. Reason: typo