PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - **warning**
Thread: **warning**
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2002, 11:45
Romeo Delta
Wherefore Art I?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe a word from the "non-pro" here.

I admit it. I am walking freight. I am a non-professional (although at one time I was in training to be). However, I fly as a passenger frequently (American citizen living abroad),and thus appreciate all the information I receive on this site from "those in the know."

As you can probably tell, I don't post much. Why? Because I'm NOT a pro. Unless there is something that someone from the back seat can add, I don't need to add it.

The reason I say this is that, while there is a general sentiment that we non-pros are a menace to this forum group, there are those of us out there who just plainly enjoy reading what is said by you "real" pilots (and engineers, et al.) without being a thorn in your side.

Also, there has been a lot of talk in certain threads about how the media like to sensationalize, and if only they could see how the professionals view these incidents, the media might do a better job. Well, if you shut down the forums to all but the "pros," then you shut out those who might see how things REALLY are. Aren't there a couple journo's out there who read this forum?

Some of the ideas presented here have merit, but I would hope that you would at least let us, "we of the great unwashed masses who ride your wings," continue to read these forums. Maybe only "pros" can post, but everyone can read.

Anyway, that's my .02 Euros (adjusted for inflation)...