PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 10th Dec 2009, 14:12
henkybaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could we stop validating A.Lurker? Thanks.

All this discussion is pointless. It is a matter of conviction more than absolute truth. Pro-union feels it is their god given right to strike since it is the only way they can force their opinion on others. Management can do so by developing policy.

I am against this strike not because I am against IA but because a court date has been set and reasonably one would expect both parties to follow the law. BASSA/Unite has made one big error in judgement imho. They thought that striking at or around xmass would force BA to compromise. Instead public opinion and the opinion of loyal BA pax has turned against them. It has damaged the reputation of BA crew.

All this time WW was cleverly preparing for this by telling the world that BA is at the brink of bankruptcy. So now BASSA/Unite (perceived as BA CC) is not only ruining xmass for a lot of people but is also helping to damage British Airways.

I think that CC should have the right to use IA as e means to put force behind a sound alternative to proposed cost cutting measure. However this feels more like street fighting.