PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carlisle
Thread: Carlisle
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2009, 07:28
wildbillkelso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well mr gordon ( i presume your mr gordon ) im aware that the airport needs the development to to sustain revenue and and subsidise the running of the airport side of business . it appears to me that mr gordon browns lease is up at the end of next year any way , so the development will be able to move forward regardless . its just a small time factor stalling the building development . my argument was why haven't they started other things air side of the proposed development field as its inevitable the warehouse development will go ahead or can go ahead as soon as gordon browns lease is up . 12 months isn't a long time and the runway could have been done thus not holding up the development any further . as the runway is part of the agreed planing consent . it would make good business sense to start the runway now while the airport is into its quiet period during the winter months and will have less of a negative impact on the running of the business . common sense really . regards wild bill .