PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2009, 16:44
2close

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bealzeblurb
Great idea! Some of you were pumping out this line over three years ago!
Things have changed and some would argue for the better. In a few cases you can substitute the words red and green for wood and trees and then return to this thread in Summer 2013 and the same line will still be trotted out.
What you also fail to appreaciate or rather do appreciate but dismiss in a very cynical fashion is that it has taken a very long time to go through legal loopholes which the CAA has made very determined efforts to stretch out as long as humanly possible - in fact, it was only my outright refusal to accept yet another of their delaying tactics that forced them into their biased, pre-determined, internal Appeal Hearing.

Additionally, individuals have limited resources with which to fight whereas the CAA would have absolutely no hesitation in spending, if necessary, millions of pounds in tax-payers money to defend legally and morally indefensible positions whislt at the same time letting the Appellant know in clear terms that should they win their case they will be claiming ALL of their costs from the Appellant. That places any Appellant in an impossible situation of knowing they stand a very high chance of winning a case but at the same time knowing they will lose everything, i.e. the literal shirt off their back, should they lose.

It is nothing short of corporate bullying, for which the CAA is renowned throughout the aviation industry.

I have been told from within the CAA that they are extremely wary of being taken to Court on this issue but without the funding required the fact is that they can laugh from the sidelines.

All that is needed is the support of someone with plenty of political clout and plenty of money to fight the cause then the smug smile can be wiped off their arrogant faces.

I'm up for taking them on in a drinking contest or in the boxing ring - winner takes all!! Anyone else in?