PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2009, 10:41
dbdb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hec70r,

Ok, you have interpreted it one way I have interpreted it another. Still to come on this forum and say that CTC cadets as a whole are underperforming is still nonsense and insulting. Maybe he could clarify himself what he meant.

Regardless of anyones training background, we all had to start somewhere. Your example of the experienced SFO performing his actions correctly don't reflect his training background, merely his experience on the aircraft type. I'm sure he had seen his fair amount of go arounds and reacted accordingly..maybe they were not all perfect either? He was inexperience on type once before also.

What exactly is this evidence you refer to, that no CTC cadet is capable of flying a go around without intervention? For your given example I'm sure there are plenty of others to the contrary, otherwise I'm sure we would all have heard about it by now. To tar everyone with the same brush because of a couple of events is a bit much. I'm sure everyone, including your experienced SFO has been caught out on a couple of occassions when things happen a bit quickly. The saying "those who have and those who have yet to" springs to mind.