PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 8th Dec 2009, 23:28
Alexandraa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alexlandraa, when you say that crew 'need' 2 or 3 nights off, I just don't agree...I would define 'need' as in the required rest mandated by the UK Commercial Aviation Authority....I would be very suprised if after a 10hour flight, crew 'need' 36 or 48 hours off.....do the pilots 'need' the same amount of 'rest'? If our passengers are stranded all over the UK because Heathrow is snow-closed for a couple of hours, are you saying you would still 'need' 2 days off rather than take a sensible, legally sanctioned amount of time off and keep the show on the road by getting the people that pay our wages to where they paid us to take them?
It's in our disruption agreement that in case of any disruption we need to have 2 local nights before we can continue! The pilots do have another agreement and I can't actually comment on it but I would assume they only need minimum rest before they can continue.

Not saying that I agree with the disruption agreement. Only stating the facts. Look at what happened in BKK and SIN last year because of it.