PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 8th Dec 2009, 14:28
dave747436

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flyeruk69

Absolutely agree.

It can't be easy learning 'on-the-fly' (pun most definately intended!) for all concerned with the new J routine.
I have certainly noticed that the CSD has a lot less time for me since Nov 16th. - but I'm sure we'll all get used to the differences & work around the difficulties in the fullness of time.

none of the main crew have experience running the galley in club, which is very different to running the first galley
Your points are all well taken, & I'm glad to hear that your experiences of the new service has been slightly more positive than CFC/Fumes's tales of woe..

I often review my actions on the flight deck with a mind to how they would look to my manager if I was hauled into the office to defend them.

Imagine you're in the office & your manager asks:
Did you ask the crew during the briefing if anyone had any previous experience in a similar role (demoted Purser, previous airline etc)?
Did you ask for a more experienced volunteer to forgo their seniority rights and work No.7?
Did you discuss the position with and assess the qualities of this most junior crew member before allowing them to work No.7?
Did you even consider allocating a more senior crew member to the position?
Have you ever allocated the No.7 position to a crew member since November 16th?

If the answer's to the above are "Yes", you're fireproof, otherwise.....