PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 8th Dec 2009, 11:45
flyeruk69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dave747436

As a CSD I could re allocate experience around the aircraft if I so wished, mainly with safety in mind.

I believe there is a fine line with your suggestions.

All crew members need to gain experience in any position, the galley position in club is proving rather unpopular and ideally experience does count.
However there is an element of letting crew get experience doing the galley in club
E.g. Someone who has recently been first trained, I would not deny them a chance of gaining experience even if the service took a little longer.

The fly in the ointment I suppose, while there is on going training for main crew in galley management, during the role out of the premium training there are many who have not had the chance to do it yet. There have been many crews leaving LHR where there is no one who has had a chance of premium training or galley managment training.

I wouldn't necessarily change a position just because the crew member left the galley in club is the most junior on the crew ( this still means they could have 7 - 8 years experience) I would however expect the rest of the crew in the club world cabin to support the crew member in the club galley .

I'm not going onto what I think of the whole debacle, apart from BA should really have ensured the crew have adequate training , but at the moment the club service needs to be managed in the best way possible, moving crew around is not always the best thing to do for all concerned.