PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 8th Dec 2009, 09:36
dave747436

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBT

MBT wrote:
I have competed 2 flights since the 16th, both on the 747. On both flights I worked on the upperdeck ( us pursers are allowed back up their till jan!!!). The problem I have is not being a crew member short, its which crew member has been removed. At present we have the most junior crew member incharge of the club galley ( as this since imposition is nolonger a purser position and the last position to be taken). They are in way above their heads.
Are CSD's really allowing the most junior/inexperienced crewmember to do one of the toughest positions on the aircraft, when there are vastly more experienced crew on board who would be able to do it better - but just don't want to because it's hard work??

Are CSD's not permitted to allocate working positions?

If there were to be dozens of passenger complaints on a particular flight and it was subsequently shown that the CSD allowed an inexperienced crewmember to be "in way above their heads" when there were better options available, I would fully expect that the CSD would be called to account.

Is this a widespread practice?