PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 7th Dec 2009, 23:39
BWI_baby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
long time lurker...first time poster

It is a complete mystery to me why anyone should want to spend so much time on a thread they have no stake in "
"And to all the “normal” people or occasional passengers here, please butt out. As said before, this is a Cabin Crew thread. If you want to give your 50p’s worth in, go to the Mail or Sun. Looking at your comments, this is where you belong anyway. "
I think it must be a common misconception that "only BA staff" have a interest in the IA being discussed, and in BA in general. I (as a regular LH BA passenger with no aliegances to any party - that's all!) am interested in what's happening within the company (especially since in these uncertain economic times, parting with much money each year, in advance on fares to a company posting multi-million £ losses). I'd be a fool not to want to keep informed of the future of that company, the fare paid and the future status of the bookings. Whether I'd go as far as saying I have a "Stake", that's probably a matter of opinion - I doubt it personally (though I do have a BA booking for Dec 23rd which I cannot cancel or rebook...)

I think pax can make a valid contribution, seeing as most of us arent shareholders, arent BASSA, arent related to cabin or flight crew, aren't mates with x or y or a or z, and generally dont have much more of a long term objective than seeing an airline that copes beyond the current market conditions, whilst offering a suitable service to customers. To this end we could be seen as impartial and objective.

As much as anything, BA employees who think "only BA staff would/should be interested" do themselves a disservice. BA is a great British company, with great staff, and it is something to take pride in - I dont think anyone in Britain really wants to see BA go down the drain. Aside from anything else, BA staff and their issues are more interesting than they think they are