PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Melbourne LMO Merger
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2009, 23:09
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was talking to an older guy in our section and he made the quote "The more things change, the more they remain the same" seems whoever is running the show wants to keep the same attitude as the previous clowns and the same divide up between us (by the way if we assist this process we only assist management in treating us the way they do)
Couldn't have said it better myself. No matter what process is brought into place, planes come in, they get serviced/inspected and sent on their merry way again. This has never changed and will never change (in our lifetime anyway). Aircraft are machines, and they can't fix themselves, yet. They still need human input to maintain them, and you can't tell me that if a pilot does a walk around, he won't find a problem that he can't fix. He'll be doing a "D" check on his walkaround. Imagine there are no LAME's on a transit, and the pilot radios back to the office and says he has a whole list of defects that need to be looked at 20-30 minutes prior to departure. Wheel/brake change, missing panel, etc.

I can't see it happening, but who knows what Bozo the clown making the decisions will come up with?