PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 7th Dec 2009, 22:02
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry it's going back a few posts but it's difficult to edit text on this iPhone that the company are secretly issuing to pilots
LMFAO!

Thanks flyby for providing some laughter (at our expense but revenge is sweet) in this now desperate situation...

I recently spoke to someone who has been cabin crew a long time, doesn't support or understand a strike, sick to the back teeth of all the militants etc. However, he/she has thrown their ballot paper in the bin and says they will go sick, because they would not have the guts to come into work for fear of what the militants could do....ie. card marked for life, car damage, etc. I'd just like to inform everyone that the days of pickets threatening or intimidating people are long gone. I will walk into work with my head held high - to serve Mr & Mrs Fincastle their much deserved bottle of champers!

So unfortunately if they do get a yes vote, it will be due to intimidation, sending out ballots to people no longer in the company (VR), people unaware of the two sides, and people simply accepting what the union says without challenging it.

Welldone to Slidebustle - you came on here not so long ago, gathered all the info you needed and made an informed decision and then voted no to strike, just like me and the other non-strikers on here. I truly hope that more people show the common sense that you have done, and read and understand both sides, and then make an informed decision.