PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 7th Dec 2009, 21:56
Slickster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is a complete mystery to me why anyone should want to spend so much time on a thread they have no stake in
A point repeatedly missed. We all have a stake in the mad antics of BASSA. It's my job too, and I don't particularly want to lose it, as a result of misinformed people, with poor representation, committing suicide, because all they think they have to do is "VOTE YES, BASSA 100%." Yawn.

There is much talk on here about the ballot being about imposition, then there is more about the threat of New Fleet. "What else are we supposed to do," seems to be a common cry.

Err, maybe your numpty union should have used the months available (and it was many months) to negotiate, thus avoiding imposition, and, indeed, New Fleet. But now you're going to strike? What - to get WW to negotiate? He gave you the aforementioned months to negotiate, and set you a deadline, that you completely ignored.

You see, there would be no imposition (and it was a threat/promise to every work group, not just CC) or New Fleet, if BASSA had sat down, and talked. Pilots, and any other work group are not especially favoured - WW would love to pay me less, if he could.

Out of interest, how do you BASSA diehards think the strike will end? I'll give you an answer: just as in any war, by getting back to the negotiating table. What a shame the BASSA leadership thought their first "ace in the hole" was to try the usual tactic of saying "NO" to everything (including, bizarrely, the worst financial crisis to hit the World since the 1930s).

I'd love to play BASSA at poker; I'd clean up.