PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 7th Dec 2009, 21:51
Clarified

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A previous comment 'BA is looking for much more rewarding targets'.

Sure, they have looked at ways of restructuring CC costs and employed blue sky thinking in the process. That doesn't mean they have an intension to adopt everything that their advisors looked at. A well run company constantly looks at what it can do better and where it can save money. It's very tough out there. If you stand still you get over taken and go out of business!
No one wants that, but it could happen. Do the unions really understand our financial predicament better than the company?
The company could have taken action long ago, it didn't. (In my view other companies would have, unionised or not).
The company tried very hard to get resolution, agreement, understanding, negotiation, empathy, a proactive response.
I would imagine the atmosphere would have been slightly different with leadership at the fore front.

Why are we sitting embroiled in a struggle that in my mind was and is clearly avoidable.
Time to engage, anything else will be very tenuous for all.
I do not believe the company is trying to get one over on anyone, I do think it can't wait much longer.
Engage and have influence.
(All my thoughts, as usual! Not representative of my employer or anyone else).