PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 7th Dec 2009, 21:47
FlexSRS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The one point everyone is missing...

I think there is one crucial question that needs to be asked of the BASSA supporters that no one really seems to be asking, and as far as I can tell, the whole scenario depends upon.

Do you accept the need for IFCE to make permanent cost savings?

If you do, then it is just a case of deciding what you want to give up. Work a bit harder, or a bit less pay, or fewer days off, or allow New Fleet for new joiners, or some combination of the above.

If you don't agree, and you think that IFCE should be the only department that don't have to make any savings, and you should keep your Ts&Cs untouched, then that is fine, that is your opinion, and it would be refreshing if you just came out and admitted to that.

Perhaps people like ottergirl, BAW 175 and IheartMBT could just give us a simple yes/no answer to the main question, and then the debate can move forward from there; I really do feel it is central to the way the situation is going to move forward and what people feel they will gain from a strike, and what it would take to remove the threat of a strike.

Thanks.