PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC "Work to rule"
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2009, 16:57
Alfredo tp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally see that the airspaces got too crowded for the amount of traffic we have nowadays. It might have worked some time ago, but seems like only the aviation all and around has been renewed, with exception of airspace flows. Maybe they should rethink/redo/reorganize some things on that. I mean, its like a photoshop. It only focused on the films, etc., but never adapted to the digital cams nor to the memory cards... it soon will go down (well, maybe already did), and so with the airways, airflow management, etc. But nor the pilots, nor the controllers can do sh!t about, I assume that it's Eurocontrol, FAA, JAA, and so on, to rethink it. It's their job, isn't it. The problem I see is, the same as usual: those who are in charge of those things seem to have little (or no) experience in those real world scenarios, so they most likely don't know about the everyday 'problems'. And if someone tells them, it really doesn't come over. I wished those guys would be composed of retired/actual controllers, pilots, etc. (I know, utopia)
Personally I think it starts getting a little absurd of some comments I read, and there is no need to be harsh, so better let's come up with ideas how we can make those people in charge (to call it like that) know, what really is happening/what to 'redo'!?!? Ideas, suggestions? Anyone?