PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC "Work to rule"
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2009, 12:48
Alfredo tp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I hope he is not(!) going to agree with me, otherwise there is no sense of this forum. If he agrees with me, then he loses his opinion, and my opinion wouldn't be just mine anymore. (Sounds weird, I know...)
Of course I agree to some extend with him, and even for me it's a pain not to get a direct, when I am up there, and there is not much traffic, etc. around, clear sky, and so on. But that just doesn't mean that any controller is a dumb a$$. They look for theirs, as we look for ours, but we still have to respect each other, and it's not that they are not doing their job (which is not(!) saving gas for the airline company for example!).
We just have to conscious about what is our and their job, and rules, and bla bla bla, and what are kinda favors! If someone just doesn't want to respect and comprehend the others, than (s)he is just selfish, and other things.
So much for professionalism, yup.
Well, anyway, if someone doesn't like the other's job, he can call up after landing, or make a complaint, to Eurocontrol, to the controller's 'base', and to his own company. Or maybe switching seats for a while helps.