PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 7th Dec 2009, 11:56
IheartMBT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SlideBustle.
I agree with most of your post. We will never know what happened during those months of negotiations
Let me say again what i feel.
I would have agreed to the crew reductions as part of the cost saving measures. The problem is BA imposed it. Imposition cannot work.
I have competed 2 flights since the 16th, both on the 747. On both flights I worked on the upperdeck ( us pursers are allowed back up their till jan!!!). The problem I have is not being a crew member short, its which crew member has been removed. At present we have the most junior crew member incharge of the club galley ( as this since imposition is nolonger a purser position and the last position to be taken). They are in way above their heads. I have spent most of these flights up and down those stairs trying to support the crew members who were getting a bashing from both crew and pax for not being organised enough. The upperdeck purser is nolonger there in Jan. Then what? Again the pax are suffering when there is really no need, take the 1st purser off instead and let the csd work there. The club cabin is the hardest to work and the most profitable, it doesnt take a genius to work out that that is where a strong team is needed, not the most junior crew and a csd who prob hasnt seen a trolley in the last 30 years.
As they say its not rocket science!!!!