PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 7th Dec 2009, 09:32
Desertia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That BA Court Case in full.

I must apologise to Ms. Malone, who at least has the cojones to put her name to the action. This is the letter BASSA members are being asked to sign:

Dear Colleague

Claim against British Airways PLC

You still have time to put your name on the list of those to be represented in this case.

The court proceedings were started in the name of three individual members of the union. They can represent you in this case.

The court subsequently ordered us to provide a list of cabin crew members of the union, represented by the three named Claimants. By joining the list you will not be a party to the action, but you will be entitled to the benefit of the outcome of the case if successful.

The case is due to be heard on 1st February 2010. In the interim there may be developments upon which we need to take instructions. In view of the numbers of members involved, and bearing in mind the fact that some may well be abroad at any time, it would be impossible to obtain the view of each individual member should we need to do so urgently as the case develops.

To enable me to add your name to the list, I must ask you to sign a copy of this letter and return to it to me at

O.H. Parsons & Partners
3rd Floor
Sovereign House
212-224 Shaftesbury Avenue
London
WC2H 8PR

as soon as you can.

By signing and returning this letter you will be agreeing to the following:

1. That you allow your name to be put forward as a person represented by the Claimants in the case of Elizabeth Anne Malone & Others –v- British Airways PLC (Case No: HQ09X04816).

2. That you are and will remain a member of Unite the Union throughout the court proceedings.

3. That you authorise Unite the Union and its lawyers to negotiate on your behalf without obtaining your direct instructions.

4. That you authorise Unite the Union and its lawyers to conclude settlement of your claim on the best possible terms, subject to legal advice, without obtaining your direct instructions.

5. Under the terms of this agreement, Unite the Union will support this claim in accordance with the union’s rulebook and its agreement with the union’s lawyers.

Please sign and date the copy of this letter and add your name, address and BA Staff Number. Once the signed letter is received, your name will be added to the list of Claimants.