PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 7th Dec 2009, 08:16
Human Factor
Couldonlyaffordafiver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are also many points i agree with BUT and this is a BIG BUT, i do not agree with imposition. Impostion is the start of a very dangerous path. Once this has been imposed, what next......NEWFLEET?????
IheartMBT,

You make some valid points, however the reason it has got to this stage (remember, "New Fleet" was taken off the table at one point) is because BASSA refused to negotiate. This was as a result of a show of hands at the racecourse meeting. Whether you were at that meeting or not, I don't need to know, but the fact remains that your union had a mandate from (some of) its membership to refuse to negotiate.

The list of 18 points furnished on the previous pages could have been negotiated through point by point and perhaps "New Fleet" would still have been off the table. That is part of the give and take of negotiation but the fact remains that BA have to do something to save money from each department. If BASSA were not prepared to negotiate, what choice did they have.

Rightly or wrongly, BASSA's previous form left BA nowhere to go other than imposition.