PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 7th Dec 2009, 07:10
IheartMBT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After posting for the first time a few pages back ( and getting shot down straight away).I decided it wasnt worth it. I also walked away with the smug satisfaction, thinking that half the people on this forum, are not actually what or who they claim to be.
I then showed my hubby ( a real BA pilot) the posts, imagine my horror when my husband confirmed to me that these were the views held by many of his collegues.
As i stated in an earlier post I am more than aware of the views held my most of our flight crew collegues(inc my hubby). There are also many points i agree with BUT and this is a BIG BUT, i do not agree with imposition. Impostion is the start of a very dangerous path. Once this has been imposed, what next......NEWFLEET?????
But i am not going to argue back and forth( as seems to be the trend on this thread). What i am going to say is that the tone in which many post is not acceptable. I am sick of the constant undertone that crew are not intelligent or are just sheep.
What is intelligence? what is it measured by ? School or uni qualifications. If so does that then mean my hubby should be "dishing out food and drinks" and i should be flying the plane? (As i have more educational qualifications than him).
Please stop the judgemental comments, it is very offending. Just because we believe in something that you dont doesnt make it stupid. I have an opinion and that should be respected. My husband told me after his last flight, that his FO was horrified when he told him that I had voted Yes. His comment was "couldnt you "control" that!!!!!!!!!!!!!". My husband answered that even though he was not of the same opinion as me, he respected my right to choose what i thought was right for my future.

To repeat I voted YES. Not to bring BA to its knees or to dent an already dented pension fund, but to try and secure my future. Remember both our wages are provided by BA so I did think more than twice about where to put my cross. But i was cabin crew before i became a captains wife ( and if some of my collegues are to be believed as i am only wife number 1), I will be cabin crew after I was a Captains wife!!!! (just kidding hon!!!!)