PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Melbourne LMO Merger
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2009, 11:04
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of this intra-port whinging leads me to agree with the management decision to merge the bases.

Merging of the the bases will stop this US vs THEM goings on.

We aren't each others enemy, we're colleagues. Some of you lot really are short sighted.
You mean like the merging of TN & QF? 16 years after the merger it's still red team and blue team, not purple which it's supposed to be if properly blended.

As we've seen over the years, we have domestic DMM's running international ops and international DMM's running domestic ops, in SYD anyway. The trains of thought are on different tracks heading in different directions.

Merging of the bases will NOT stop the US vs THEM goings on. Too many people have a mindset of what was once, and won't change. Also, may people have gripes from years gone by.

To be honest, it's management that is short-sighted thinking they can herd people together and make an efficient operation. Unfortunately, management of past and present have no idea on what to do and how to do it. They seem to rehash old ideas and think they can make it work better. This is fantasy land. I'll use Sydney as an example. International operations are different to domestic operations, which are different to base operations. There is no standardisation of operations and procedures between the bases. Domestics have single-person transits, International have two-person transits, and the guys doing the transits do the defects. Domestics have a Rover to fix defects. Domestics have QF only aeroplanes, International have QF and whatever is left of customer aircraft. Base have aircraft come in and have defect rectification done at the hangars.

I guess your view 6000ft-lb is as short-sighted as you thinks ours is, and maybe even more short-sighted than that of management.