PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 6th Dec 2009, 09:40
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Mods,

I must express my concern that some of us have been accused of "sloganeering" by FlapsForty and the Vote No (and yes) slogans wiped from our posts. I must also object to the direction to "behave like adults". Campaigning is essentially an adult activity, children would not know how to campaign, and indeed is conducted for the highest forms of office around the world. It is a well-established and accepted procedure around the world and I fail to understand why it should be moderated out.`

To my knowledge it is not against the rules of the Forum, and I would kindly ask that you show some consideration in this matter. I have explained before that this is the only forum where BA Cabin Crew, who do NOT SUPPORT A STRIKE, can air their views. We have been closed out on all other forums by bullies and intimidation. It would be regrettable if we are to be closed out on this forum, when we are arguing our case in an entirely respectable manner.

This strike is extremely serious. If it goes ahead, it could be the demise of our great British Airline, which would result in approximately 50000 people around the globe losing their jobs. On that basis alone, I would ask you to show some understanding for the seriousness at stake here. This thread is managing to reach out to some of the cabin crew who are unsure what to do. It is unbiased and gives both sides of the story. It is essential that we are able to reach out to those people. They need to know that there are people who are voting no, that it is OK to vote no, and a little campaigning may, in some minor way, enable us to sway the vote.

I would urgently ask you to review your decision on this matter.

Yours sincerely

HiFlyer14

I am a member of BA Cabin Crew. The above post contains my personal viewpoint, and not those of BA.

Last edited by HiFlyer14; 6th Dec 2009 at 09:55.