PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 6th Dec 2009, 09:24
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apparently so - although I must admit I thought the Electoral reform Society usually moved much slower than that - my own preference is that even if it is a yes vote an agreement or compromise can still be made prior to any action taking place
A Lurker - on this (the underlined bit) you are sorely mistaken. A crew member on my last trip was also adamant that just by putting yes in the box, it will "make WW think again." It won't. It won't. It won't.

The CEO has said as much himself. This is a terrifyingly dangerous situation that many crew are only thinking as far as the yes box. You need to think beyond it and ask yourself if you really are going to sit at home when you're due to checkin for SIN/NRT/SYD or GVA/ZRH/Whereever. Are you going to risk your forward roster being wiped - thereby changing your Xmas/New Year plans? Are you going to be the only one striking, whilst many others are going to work? And are you going to be happy when you are out of work, either because you have been sacked or the company has gone under. Think it through. This goes way beyond the ballot form.