PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 6th Dec 2009, 00:12
Human Factor
Couldonlyaffordafiver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The company announced two things on the 6th Oct, crewing levels and new fleet.

My question again.

Are you in dispute over both?
If not which one is it?
If, only one, why?
Here's a clue for you Lurker. It is illegal to strike over something which has not happened yet. You cannot legally strike regarding "New Fleet" until the day BA recruit the first person onto that contract (the pilots learned that one from Open Skies). Whether you can actually strike then is another question. However, the current ballot cannot legally be about that.

Therefore, surely it must be about crewing levels. It must be as there's legally b*gg*r all else to strike about at the moment. In legal terms, "imposition" is insufficient. It must be "imposition of something", in which case it cannot be anything other than "impositon of new crewing levels". I'm wondering whether you've picked the right fight and I bet a few of the Unite grand fromages are wondering the same thing.

Finally, of the "18 reasons" (which I haven't seen so can't comment on them individually), if they have been published and are considered grounds for a strike, BA only has to grant one of the reasons in favour of BASSA and the strike ballot becomes invalid. BASSA made that mistake a couple of years ago with their list of 12 (or was it 13) demands - perhaps why I haven't seen a list this time round....