PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 5th Dec 2009, 21:15
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trueblue and APYu

A Lurker, as a pax that flies on a regular basis with BA, can you explain to me why these proposals are so bad for crew ex Lhr, but were/are perfectably acceptable to Bassa for crew ex Lgw?
I seem to remember that BA threatened to close LGW if changes were not made to make LGW more profitable so it was a put up or shut up option really! The history of LGW has been full of changes from the Airtours merger with BCal to the buying of Danair for a pound. The deal was done on the basis that anyone still at LGW would be able to transfer from single fleet to LHR if they wished.
Does that mean that New Fleet flights may be able to offer better services such as 'Eat when you want' in Club?
Can you imagine how many ovens would be required in the Club galley to accommodate the individual eating needs of 70 people? With each of our meals needing about 20 minutes to cook thats 3 meals per hour in each oven and if memory serves me correct there are only two or three ovens in a Club galley. The maths is mind boggling which makes the dream unreachable. Best to upgrade to First!