PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sandtoft Runway Resurface.
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2009, 16:35
Sir George Cayley

I'm full of admiration for everyone involved What a fantastic advert for this country's can do - get on with it attitude. I feel that a tad humble that in this bleak period there are still people willing to take a chance put their money up and achieve the impossible.

You all deserve a medal, a hug and financial sucess

But, ( and you know there's always a but) Sandtoft is a licensed aerodrome, so that licence is in force 24/7 365. Ops hours are published and I think there's a NOTAM running at present due to the resurfacing project effectively closing the runway.

Frustrating as it is, I'd suggest putting pressure on the person in charge to let the runway be used in advance of the CAA confirming it meets regulatory requirements, would not be wise.

I'm sure they understand that, as the accountable person, there is a huge risk in allowing use of the runway now. Even if the flight is private and doesn't require a licensed runway, even if ones insurance covers flights from non-licensed strips, just imagine the consequences of an incident

A few days lost now will be nought compared to the potential loss should the Law of Sod apply before the Campaign arrives and Delmontes the work.

Patience is a virtue.

Sir George Cayley