PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 5th Dec 2009, 13:34
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Lurker,

Nowhere in my contract does it state that I should report for a flight ex LHR 90 minutes before departure - agreed?
It will say that you're required to report for duties rostered (not neccessarily worded that way). Report time may be 90 minutes before departure. The reason you'd get in trouble for not reporting at -90 would be that you're not fulfilling your contract.

Whether agreement intended to be a legally enforceable contract.
— (1) A collective agreement shall be conclusively presumed not to have been intended by the parties to be a legally enforceable contract unless the agreement—
(a)
is in writing, and (Our Collective Agreements are in writing)
(b)
contains a provision which (however expressed) states that the parties intend that the agreement shall be a legally enforceable contract. (It states in the Cabin Crew contract the fact that the CA's are part of the contract)

(2) A collective agreement which does satisfy those conditions shall be conclusively presumed to have been intended by the parties to be a legally enforceable contract. (There you go....)
The reason I posted 179... It's all in the wording. Are you 100% sure that ALL your collective agreements are in writing? This is important. Maybe you can get some clarification from somewhere, such as your union rep or dare I say it, your line manager?

I refer you to your post #4098, my post #4101, your #4102 and #4103 and mine # 4104. I was merely trying to get clarification from you whether your added information was actually the words in the contract or your interpretation.

I don't think we're talking the same language on this issue, unfortunately.

Gg