PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 4th Dec 2009, 09:35
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know what you mean. I don't feel strongly against BASSA they actually do alot of good. I can't say whether they have led us up a garden path yet, if a strike was called then it could do good - however it could go horribly wrong. This is why I am so awfully disappointed and confused at the whole situation (don't forget I have only been in the company a couple of years) I have about 40 years 'til retirement (I want to do this job for a while and move up to PSR/CSD etc... don't know if I want to do it for 40 years but definately a while yet) so obviously I want the job to be sustainable... BA obviously can't sustain every T&C we have especially for future crew so I have no problem with change. Some people (including the 2000 people who showed their hands in June/July) do which poisons the union. Yes they do a lot of good, I would definately not want to resign and not be protected at all.... just I feel the whole no no no and militant culture needs to be stopped. As does the culture of shouting down/sending to coventry those who get into debate agreeing with BA/disagreeing with BASSA. It just ain't healthy!

I definately see what you are saying juan, just I really don't know where I stand in all this, so much (my career) at stake... I don't believe striking is the answer, particularly as BA are in financial trouble... it could very well mean the end of our careers. And the only thing imposed at the minute is the compliments.... new fleet is still up for negotiation. I would write to the union/post it on the forum to ask for them to look at alternatives but could you imagine the reply? lol