PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC "Work to rule"
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2009, 22:34
Sick Squid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As the moderator responsible for most of the deletions referenced above, let me actually, for once, come out of the shadows and dip an oar in.

Firstly, the tone of this thread is only marginally acceptable, starting with the originator. It is being watched, and if it deviates too much from sensible debate to zenophobic/ATCO-phobic or just generally-phobic rhetoric then those posts will go. No debate. Got it?

Second, since there actually seems to be a relevant debate starting to arise out of this thread reference Flow Management, can I refer everyone back to Gonzo's link above, please. Read it before posting. Basically, as pilots, if you are re-filed to avoid a delay DO NOT THEN REQUEST YOUR ORIGINAL FILED LEVEL just because it may be more beneficial in terms of burn/time etc. This is a constant thread that I have heard from talking to ATC supervisors, either on gash visits or TRUCE days.

Now, we all know there are regional differences in ATC, we all know there are industrial differences, just keep the trousers zippered and don't swing your own particular thing in the direction you think everything else should swing. If only the rest of this site would follow suit......

Squid