PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 3rd Dec 2009, 21:24
Perry-oaks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CFC
So I ask you to check your thoughts/timelines/figures.
My thoughts -

IFCE are set a target of £82m, and are encouraged to agree by end June or face drastic consequences.
IFCE/Bassa reach no agreement by the end of June - the target rises to £126m.

Bassa make an initial offer which they valved at £171m (but now reduced to £100m)

BA and PWC valued the 'generous offer' at between £52m and £54m, but the offer was on a temporary basis with full payback after two years.

After months of talks they still reach no agreement so the company impose the 'drastic' consequences.

- No CC needs to take a pay cut (but a company wide pay freeze is implemented)
- No CC will need to work any more hours (SH will still do highly inefficient trips)
- No threat of compulsory redundancy (VR available)
- No change in the astonishing allowance structure
- No change in the ridiculous disruption agreement
- one head off long haul flights, but actually still have the same number of people conducting the service

The original target set by BA for CC was a relatively easy target IMHO, because as has been shown the target can be reached by reducing crewing levels and a pay freeze - so no one looses out financially or needs to work extra hours (well except for CSD who apparently has to work for a change on LH!). Now the company is losing even more revenue with the threat of strike action with no sign of this extra revenue loss being tacked onto IFCE's savings target (yet!)

If BASSA agreed to the changes, you would still have many CC earning twice as much and working considerably less than the industry standard. Present crew seem to be fairly minimally affected by the new deal all the CC complaints about being overworked and understaffed etc are smoke and mirrors

However, I do understand that if you are 23 and looking to retire as CSD at 85!! then your future may not be as rosy.....