PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC "Work to rule"
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2009, 20:09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The comment regarding failed wannabe pilot is a direct response to someone suggesting I may be a failed wannabe atco - now deleted. So, this was posted tongue in cheek.
No it wasn't, it was posted in direct response to my first post and at no point have i suggested that you are a bitter failed ex-atco trainee. What got my goat was the faintly condescending and rude manner of your orginal post.

Thank you Garp - please judge me by my original posting
Done that.

there are non-radar procedures for airplanes to follow
Yes there are but then you'd just be moaning about how inefficient they are and how they cause you to burn fuel you don't need to.

The amount of fuel I am supposed to burn? Supposed as directed by who? I actually have a duty to burn as little fuel as necessary, that's what I am supposed to do....... Do you guys not have a duty to be as efficient as possible
As directed by your FPL?? When you plan your route do you not do it with the intention of actually flying that route? And then upload enough fuel to fly that route regardless of wether you expect shortcuts or not? I presume that you would have some idea of the amount of fuel that you would expect to use flying the route. So when you fly the route you have planned you can't possibly burn extra fuel because you've already taken it into account (regardless of ATC - i'm presuming you take off and just fly to your destination).