PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 3rd Dec 2009, 18:41
CFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Gg,

Errrr...the disruption agreement normally kicks in with snow...sometimes fog...thats the whole point of why the agreement first come into place. If you are referring to the snow disruption earlier this year, then the Unions did try and assist in getting the operation back to normal asap - I know as a flight of mine was involved, but the responses from the company just made the Unions dig their heels in and stick to WHAT WAS PREVIOUSLY AGREED TO BY BOTH UNIONS AND BA.

In regards to ostracising, it's not just me. There are plenty of cases of such behaviour and also behaviour that smells of bullying. The union doesn't like it when people think for themselves and ask difficult questions. I'll give you an example, that a heck of a lot of members think they can be "fined" by the union for going against their "commands". The union has never said that this isn't true. They like that people believes this, as they get more "co-operation" from it.
If you feel bullied there are more than enough rules/laws to protect you - why didn't you do something about it? As for crew thinking they will be fined - really, that stopped nearly 21 years ago - how long have they been flying?

As has been mentioned here before, the Captain is in charge of the aircraft, and, if you know your JPM, is in charge of discretion. However, there have been plenty of times where unions (and particularly Bassa) have refused. What happened to common sense? Considering discretion is included in the JPM, it can be used.
"Plenty of times" .... give examples please.

VOTE YES - YOU KNOW IT IS THE ONLY CHOICE