PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC "Work to rule"
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2009, 15:41
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wing Commander Fowler - a question which has not been asked yet, which surprises me...

It seems AENA have made moves towards selling off the ATC service and the controllers are now in fear of their cushy packages. Their chosen "action" is to deny all aircraft short cuts forcing us all to fly the flight planned route.
Could you provide real evidence of the above, or is it just hearsay or supposition on your part because you have not received a short cut?

Also, you claim that you do not think you have a God-given right to a shortcut:
As a longer answer - where above did I imply that I or any of my colleagues believe they have a "God given right" to a short cut? I didn't. End of!
and later on you state
I don't ask for directs more than once,
which seems totally at odds with the statement
Any of you who have been flying through Spanish airspace this last week may well have noticed that you are being denied short cuts either without explaination or (if challenged) by lame and unpalpable excuses
which states you have challenged answers... so you don't ask twice, you just argue on R/T (professional) if you don't get one?

Just asking, because your very own statements contradict themselves... plus you provide no evidence that this is an industrial action as opposed to belief in your head... particularly when one reads a follow up post from Gulfstreamaviator (post number 8)...

Maybe your attitude (you are the one that mentioned "lame" and unpalpable") comes across on the RT (does your request sound like a demand?) and this is preventing you from getting shortcuts form the
Numpties