PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 3rd Dec 2009, 10:40
flyeruk69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's good to hear Jpax had a good flight both ways, this fight with BA isn't about taking the frustrations out on the customers on day to day flights and nor should it be.

My beef as I've said before is the total disregard to collective agreements signed and agreed by both BA and the TU's. Just because these agreements don't suit the current management they shouldn't be disregarded.

I hoped there would be a mutual agreement found which suited both sides unfortunately this has not been the case.

Both sides are now in the situation where the TU members are in the middle of a ballot which could possibly lead IA, BA say they are open to talking to the TU's at anytime in reality BA are not willing to talk about the breaking of the cabin crew agreements (removal of crew members) and the TU's are not willing to talk until the breaking of the agreements is returned to the table.

Rather a Mexican stand off , sadly not an ideal situation for either side or the customers.

There should be a way forward that suits both sides in this dispute.

Should this whole unrest end in IA especially over the festive period will be disastrous for the travelling public.

The problem is that many crew feel that if they accept this imposition and the removal of one of our agreements what will be next ?

Readers may not believe being cabin crew should be a career choice and should only be a short term job before doing "a proper job". Why shouldn't the job be career choice in much the same way as pilots view their job as a career, OK it costs less to train cabin crew, however that shouldn't devalue it as chosen career for those who want to do the job.