PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 3rd Dec 2009, 00:24
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are some LGW cc who have been "brain washed" and have voted yes. I reckon they'll be very annoyed when they realise they've been lied to. Incidentally, the only reason some LGW have voted yes is due to the union telling them there won't be any transfers to LHR - ever.

We (that keep informed about stuff) knew that anyways. No transfers is because of NewFleet. If this had been negotiated away, there would've been a better chance of keeping the option of transfers in the contract.

The issue about transfers was only flung out as "info" just before the ballot was sent out. As was the "info" about the tax on allowances for LGW. The (increasingly) cynical side of me thinks (or should I say pretty much know) that this was an excercise purely to get support from LGW.

But all in all, I doubt there would be much disruption at LGW if it comes to strike (not that I think it will get to that). Too many aren't in a union, and most don't support what the ballot is about anyways. Well, the cc who understand all the mumbo jumbo from the union anyway....

Gg