PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 23:32
ArthurScargill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ArthurS,

I've been flying with these crew complements for over 3 years . No problems (a few teething ones in the beginning, but that's because we hadn't done long haul before). Everything gets done, and we don't stress.

However, through various sources there are conflicting reports. Some claim it's awful, some say it's no problem. Some refuse to do anything but the bare minimum, some are professional. Some try to make sure it doesn't work, some do their very best and get everything done. As always, there are different views.
Thanks Glamgirl - as this appears to be the 'reason to strike', i'm generally interested in how the compliments are working out. Whilst i would expect a few juvenile protests, i wonder if there have been any noteworthy incidents which BASSA can regale in their next set of comms.

I still can't believe Unite have actually picked this reason to strike. As you said, you've been doing it yourself for 3 years and i must admit you've only just made me realise LGW crew are a 'man' down. I fly out of there on longhaul just as regularly as i do LHR - often in the premium cabins and can't say i have noticed any difference in service at all !
How Unite (BASSA) expect that reason to hold any legal credibility when they themselves allowed the same thing to happen at LGW is beyond me. Are they really that stupid & blinkered ? Surely not.