PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 20:49
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right for the record, I am in the Union have voted NO, have now resigned from the Union and will DEFINiTELY be coming into work on strike days.

Democracy? Really?

Where was the democracy asking ALL members if they accepted any of the THREE BA proposals?
Where was the democracy asking ALL members if they approved of the BASSA proposal (pay cut etc.)?
Where was the democracy asking ALL members which parts of either proposal they accept?
Where was the democracy asking ALL members which parts of either proposal they reject?
Where was the democracy or representation of the members when BASSA walked out of a meeting when BA wanted to show a slideshow?
Where's the democracy when the Union publish propoganda flyers with personal attacks on management rather than publishing the facts of the issue?
Where is the democracy when anyone who posts an "alternative" view on either crewforum or BASSA forum is shot down in flames?
Where is the democracy when anyone who posts an "alternative" view on either crewforum or BASSA forum is BANNED from the forum?
Where's the democracy when some cabin crew say "I'll bring this company down before I accept..."

We are all looking for democracy in this Union but there isn't any.

We work for BA too, yet this Union seems intent on sinking it. Some of us have the guts, the intelligence and the ability to fight that. So please don't well tell me that due to democracy I have to support the YES voters that have been led like lambs to the slaughter because they haven't bothered to read both sides of the argument.

If they want to lose their jobs and their livelihoods, then that's their problem. I have to keep a roof over my family's head. So don't you dare throw the democracy card at me for doing so.

I HAVE VOTED NO AND I WILL COME TO WORK. IT IS MY RIGHT UNDER UK EMPLOYMENT LAW TO DO SO.

Oh just wanted to add - where's the democracy in sending out ballot forms to approx 1000+ people who won't even be employed by the company when the time for IA comes??

Last edited by HiFlyer14; 2nd Dec 2009 at 21:57.